Sunday, March 18, 2007

All That's Green

Ah, St. Patrick's Day. 'Twas a drunken one.

We decided to get to the bar early as to beat the crowds. There was a bit of mis-communication regarding the plan, and we had to return to Austin's place to pick up Dan.

We got to Augie's about 4PM. John and Julie were there, and we commenced with the drinking. There were a lot of fun things happening. A bagpiper came in, and then the liquor girls started coming around. There were Pucker girls giving out hats and t-shirts. Later the Molson girls came around handing out keychains and gloves and bottle cozies.

We drank a lot of Augie Bombs (Razz-Matazz vodka and Red Bull) and Jaeger Bombs and Irish Car Bombs. Beckie and Ryan were drinking "old-man" drinks, like Manhattans and Tom Collins. Jessica showed up a bit later, as did Sarah, who came out after work.

There was a band playing, Rockstar, an '80s Hair-Metal cover band. They were pretty cool.

We ended up leaving about 12:30, and according to our waitress, we were her longest tab, which also ended up being ~$600 for the whole group.

Picture-time!
DSC01752.JPG
Ryan with a green twinkle in his eye, or it could just be the Leprechaun Gold.

DSC01771.JPG
Beckie displaying her "schwag"

DSC01755.JPG
Sarah is too cool for this bar

DSC01763.JPG
Jessica and I on our "wedding day"

DSC01761.JPG
Austin is from another planet

DSC01756.JPG
Sarah and Dan looking ready for some ultraviolence. Either that or some more drinks.

DSC01760.JPG
And finally, green beer.

After the bar we reconvened at Austin's and played a bit of drunken Guitar Hero. I went home and stopped by White Castle on the way and got some food. I had a bit of a problem with my change as I had a $20 and exact change and got back some miscellaneous change. I had to wait (and hold up the drive-thru line) while the cashier figured out the discrepancy. I got my correct change eventually and went home, ate my food and went to bed.

Sunday (technically afternoon, but morning to me) I met up with my parents and sister at the DIA for lunch and the Ansel Adams exhibit that's there now. The exhibit was really cool. A lot of the pictures were of the Southwest, where I've lived and done a bunch of traveling with my parents. Beautiful country out there.

Later, Austin and I went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. I love call ahead seating. I also love steak.

One final note, this weather sucks. Where is spring already?

No comments: