Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Skip-scape artist

So, the crating did not go as planned today. He managed to get out of the crate and once again peed on the rug upstairs despite my putting what I thought was an adequate barrier to prevent him from getting up there. I thought the design of the latch was kind of crummy so I decided to use a carabiner clip to prevent the latch from just rotating open when I went out again. I was wrong. Turns out the weak point of the crate was the entire crate. This is what I discovered when I got home after dinner.


The door is actually bent and one of the hinges came apart. Also of note, this is (er, was) an inward swinging door.


Here's a closeup of the clip I thought would help keep it closed.

Now I'm not sure what to do. I could close him in the basement. There's not much he could get into down there. But it's kind of messy with construction stuff, and coldish. Erghh. Don't really want to leave him in the main area, but that may be what I have to do. I think I've got the upstairs barrier fortified properly now though. I'll break him of this peeing problem yet!

No comments: