Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Boys are Back in Town

I'm back in Detroit. I'm back to to work. I don't know how a 2 week vacation can seem so short. I had an excellent time though.

The 2 days back at work were surprisingly rough. It was hard to wake up, especially because of the 6 hour time difference. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to get back into a more normal schedule.

Of course Skippy was very happy when I got back. Although I was happy to see him too, that quickly faded when he began misbehaving. Friday morning, he was staring out the gate, so I went to see what he was looking at.
There was a loose dog. When I opened the gate to grab the other dog, Skippy darted off. I had to chase him about half a block. After I got him and the other dog, I put Skip inside my house, but only closed the screen door, and didn't lock the gate.
I called the number (there was also an address) on the loose dog's tag, and then just decided to walk him to his house, which was down the block.
When walking back to my house I saw Skip in the front yard. The screen door must not have been latched. I ended up having to chase Skip about 4 or 5 blocks.
Then that night, since I was up late because my schedule's still screwy, I let him out and he started howling which woke up my neighbor. When I went out to get him, he started running around the yard like some kind of loon. What a goof.

No comments: