Monday, October 02, 2006

My Birthday Deathbed

"Dead & Bloated" - Stone Temple Pilots

I am smellin' like the rose
that somebody gave me on
my birthday deathbed
I am smellin' like the rose
that somebody gave me
'cause I'm dead & bloated


I just heard that song on the radio. I like the "birthday deathbed" line.

Anyways, weekend was fun. I was very drunk on Friday. I think because Beckie kept handing me her half-finished drinks. That and Jager-bombs. Denny's sucked. Steak and Shake was ok, if a bit weird. I was so very tired driving home from Sarah's parents.

Saturday during the day I ran a bunch of errands. I went to get my hair cut at the Berkley Chop Shop, but they were booked up for the day; I dropped off my Birks at the shoe repair to get them resoled, but they were loaded up with repairs and couldn't get them back to me until mid-October. I shouldn't have left those errands until the last minute, but it happens. I also was looking for some new shoes for walking/winter. I went to Oakland Mall.

I had forgotten how much I dislike the mall until I went to the mall. I didn't find what I was looking for there, but I did stop at the barbershop in the mall. It was not the greatest haircut I've ever gotten. I think my bangs ended up a little uneven. Oh, well, my hair grows pretty fast so it'll be shaggy again soon enough.

After the mall I went to Dick's Sporting Goods, and found some shoes that are kind of sneakery-boot-ish and should be good for the winter.

Later, after Austin had napped, we went to dinner at Rexy's for Thai. It was pretty good. We just kind of hung out at my place afterward. The girls were hanging in Novi, but both Austin and I were tired, so we didn't end up going out to meet them.

I cleaned more on Sunday. I cleaned the stove and vaccuumed, and finished cleaning the bathroom. I started some more laundry. I went to my parents house for dinner, my mom made Jambalaya. That was very good. Skippy's dewclaws were getting long, so we were going to clip them when I was there. One was fine, but the other was not, it started bleeding when we tried to clip it and Skip would let us touch it. I hope it's not infected or anything, 'cause it'll be hard for me to take him to the vet. I'll see if he'll let me do anything to it tonight. I'm gonna give him a bath. Haha.

So, just a few more things to do before I go.

No comments: