Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Not a lot to say, but I'm going to put something here anyway

Got Dan sent back to New York. Went to Coney with Austin. Watched Dragonslayer with Austin and Beckie. Played Guitar Hero. Walked dog. Went shopping. Went to Sam's Club. Tess and her friend Paul came over. We watched Beerfest. I played more Guitar Hero. Had dinner at Red Robin with Austin, Beckie and Jackie. Watched more TV. Made eggs, hashbrowns, bacon and toast for dinner Monday. Watched 24 season premiere. Saw Jack Bauer have a Lost Boys flashback.

*Added later...

Ok, so here's were things get interesting. Or interesting-er.

I was headed out to dinner with Beckie and Austin (no overly cute conjunction of their names as of yet) and as I was literally less than a 1/4 mile away, sitting at a stop light, I got rearended. Actually the car behind me got rear-ended and that guy hit me. We all pulled over into a parking lot and waited for the cops. I then got nearly simultaneous text messages from both Beckie and Austin asking where I was. I called Austin and explained the situation.

Us three that were involved in the accident walked around and inspected the damage. Fortunately, all that was damaged on my car was my license plate and the frame were a bit bent. The guy that got hit harder, his car had the rear bumper cracked, and I think there might have been a crease in his front bumper. The lady who hit him, well, her car was wrecked up. Her whole radiator was pushed in and leaking, headlights smashed, and her airbags even went off.

The police were called (not by me) and we sat and waited for the police to come. We waited for more than 1/2 an hour before the guy took off, and I left shortly after that. The lady stayed and waited for the police.

I traveled the little bit further to Papa Vino's where Beckie and Austin were already eating. The waiter was very nice and put in a rush order for my food, so I got it fairly quickly. Tasty.

Today, my neck is a bit sore. I was trying to think why, and then I remembered the accident. Since there wasn't any real damage I kind of put it out of my mind. It's kind of ridiculous, because this is the second time I've been rearended while stopped at a stoplight. Maybe it's karma from when I rearended a Comcast van in High School. When, oh when, are we finally going to perfect beaming technology?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you and the Subi are ok...

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your accident. I'm glad it wasn't worse.

Austin and Beckie are "McShyu" because I've evaluated all options and its the best. Beckie hates it which makes it better.

The Judge said...

McShyu is not permitted under the Uniform Social Code. Ryan and I have been through this. He's just annoyed that I vetoed him.

Beckie