Sunday, August 19, 2007

Dogs and more dogs

This last week I was watching Sydney and Bentley for my mom, as she was teaching knitting over by K-Zoo. Things went mostly ok, aside from my lack of sleep with 3 dogs hogging the bed. I did have one incident with the Skipper though.

Friday I decided to take the boys down to 12 Mile to check out Cruisefest (Berkley's cruise event) and everything was fine until some guy walked by with a Chow. Skippy started going nuts and somehow slipped out of my grip and started going after this guy's dog. The guy was trying to kick Skip away and ended up getting tripped and falling down. I tried to apologize but the guy was being a jerk. I then took the dogs home.

Mom picked them up on Saturday. We had dinner and later that night I went to see "last tourist" with Austin. The band has my freshman year roommate and one of my co-workers from the bike shop in it. They were pretty good, but who really surprised me was "Deastro" which is really just one guy playing drums and his laptop, but he fuckin' rocks.

Edit: I totally forgot to include my buggy adventures on Sunday. I was going over to John's to move the last of my stuff that had been living in his garage, and when I went outside I got stung by a wasp. The wasps had made a nest in the siding of my house at the corner of my side door frame. I stopped by ACO to get Wasp/Hornet Killer and freaking sprayed the hell out of them and the nest. Well, somehow a bunch of them managed to get inside my house and at one point Skippy started pawing at his nose and kind of snorting. I looked to see what was going on and somehow he had inhaled one of the wasps into his nose. I pulled it out and killed it the rest of the way and Skip went about his business like nothing had happened. I guess he hadn't gotten stung by some lucky happenstance. Nothing says devotion to you pet like removing dangerous pests from their orifices.

No comments: