Tuesday, February 12, 2008

(Spl)Ash Wednesday

Well, I felt I should post something, mostly because I came up with such a clever title, and well it was a major annoyance.

The point of it is, that I woke up Wednesday morning and found that my basement had flooded. There was about 2 inches of stormwater that had overrun my sump system. I ended up staying home from work for the day to clean up. I drove to my mom's house to borrow her pump and when I got home, dragged the hoses out of the garage, and started pumping out the basement.

Dan came over after while and helped my dragged the couch and carpet that was in the basement out to the curb. It was kind of gross.

Thankfully my basement is dry again, though I'm not entirely sure of the cause, but hopefully it continues to stay dry.

No comments: