Monday, June 13, 2005

Big chunk of metal in tire

Big chunk of metal in tire
Big chunk of metal in tire,
originally uploaded by M Kawamoto.
Well, car troubles have abounded today. I stopped by the dealership to have my A/C serviced and they found the Freon system hd several leaks, and to fix it would cost ~$1400. I opted not to spend that kind of money on my secondary car, even though the check and inspection cost $85.

Then on the way home, I was a couple blocks from home when I noticed this clinking noise that was coming from the tire. When I got home, I inspected the tire and found this big hunk of metal sticking out of it.

I ended up calling my co-worker, who's very knowledgable with cars to see if he could help me out. He determined that I needed a new tire, so we hot-footed it back to the Saturn dealer who had a tire in stock and who was still open. $115 later, I'm back on the road. Erghh.

2 comments:

Pointedly Anonymous said...

He determined that I need a new tire

HAR!!!

Anonymous said...

that science it too tight!