Monday, July 10, 2006

Tongue Tide

Weekend was fun. Went to Jenn's Friday for "Fry-day". We deep fried many things and also went to Gus O'Connors for drinks. Then we deep fried more things after the bar.

Saturday I went to Austin's and we used our newly devised system to decide where to get dinner. The dice chose Tubby's. It was good. Then Austin had ordered the UFC 61 on pay-per-view and we watched that. Jordan and Gerry, and also Steve came over and watched too. After that Austin and I met up with Beckie, Jenn, Ryan and "Full-Asian" Mike at the Coney. The food took a while to come out. I think I may have pissed off Beckie with a comment I made.

Somehow, from my brain to my mouth, whatever I was attempting to say ended up not being as funny as it sounded in my mind. This happens to me frequently. Maybe I'm only funny in my mind. Anyway, I didn't mean to offend, I don't usually mean to offend or be mean, but somehow the words just come out wrong and it gets construed wrongly. I can't even blame alcohol for the afore-mentioned incident, as I hadn't been drinking. I guess maybe that's why I usually follow the adage of, "Better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Also, maybe some topics are better left unjoked about.

Anywho, beyond that I had a couple cups of coffee at the coney, and I was up for a couple hours after I got home. I read a travel book on Hawaii I had gotten at Sam's Club earlier that day. Then I slept in until like 3 or so in the afternoon. Lovely.

No comments: