Monday, July 31, 2006

Did I mention it's hot?

So, the weekend was hot. Very hot. It's gonna be hot today, and hot tomorrow. Hot.

I feel I should recap the events as I experienced them. Let's rewind back to Wednesday.

Beckie had finished the bar, so I ended up going out to Jenn's to hang out with Beckie, Jenn and Mike(OOAM*), whereupon we went to Gus O'Connors and sat in the other corner booth until our corner booth opened up. Jobe and Susan eventually joined us there. Gus's strangely closed at midnight so we headed over to 5th Ave. for more drinks. I headed home after 5th Ave.

Friday Austin, Beckie and I carpooled to Ann Arbor to go to the Necto with Ryan for dancing and drinking. I drank a blue-flavored fishbowl. And lots of other stuff. Sam met up with us as did Jackie with her friend Trina and Coronado showed up also. Sam apparently made out with 2 "chicks". There were a lot of shirtless dudes. It was also 7000 degrees in the Red Room.

After the Necto, the carpool stopped at Denny's for food. Driving home I nearly fell asleep. Austin puked behind my garage.

Saturday I went to Beckie's cousin's where we went to Fishbone's for more drinking, and I had food, as I hadn't eaten earlier. Jennifer was upset with Jim because... well, for some reason, but it's why we were at Fishbone's and not at the show seeing Jim's friend's band. I was tired and didn't feel like going to Jackie and Sarah's so Beckie and Ryan dropped me off at my car on their way over there.

Sunday was Julie's birthday brunch. The food was delicious. I also went to dinner with my parents. It was my mom's birthday. We ended up going to Lily's Seafood in Royal Oak, as we were going to go to the Redcoat, but I forgot that it's closed Sundays.

One more strange thing. This morning when my alarm went off, I couldn't figure out why, as I didn't really realize I had to get up for work. I just didn't think it was Monday already. So sleepy.


*Other Other Asian Mike**

**We need a better appellation for Mike.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, checking Jenn's blog, apparently Mike's should be referred to as "bam", and so it shall be.

Anonymous said...

I'm fine with not calling him burple or tang, but Bam is too confusing with the other Bam, so I'll constantly be saying "Which Bam?" instead of "Which Mike?" so it's really pointless. Here are a list of suggestions:

His last name
Little Debbie
Hacksaw
Cupcake
SPAM (Self Propelling Asian Mike)
PAM (Pretty Asian Mike)
SLAM (Self-Loathing Asian Mike)
JAM (Jerky and Marzipan)
Laurie
SnarkBot 3000
Splink
The Horticulturist
The Big Asian Horticulturist
Michel
Mikhail
Micolo

Any of those are fine with me.

Jessica B. said...

I vote for Laurie.

The Judge said...

Jenn did it wrong. It's B.A.M., not Bam.

Beckie

Anonymous said...

whatever happened to the number system: mike2 Or we could continue with putting punctuation around his name: &mike& Or just put an exclamation point at the end like: mike!

What's his last name? We call Chris3 Coronado and John Perri John Perri.

Meh.

Unknown said...

DJMike?

Anonymous said...

DJMikeJ? What's his DJ moniker?