Monday, August 07, 2006

The Lines You Amend

Beckie had much to say about the cottage. I do not have as much to say. I do have pictures, but I can't post them yet, as my memory card reader is acting up.

Getting to the cottage was relatively easy except for a detour and me berating Austin for not knowing how to get there, even though he'd only been once. The Beckie-mentioned "Squ" game was quite amusing.

Saturday morning was when the drinking began in earnest. I think the only non-alchoholic drink I had all day was a glass of milk at breakfast. I think this was also the case for Jessica, Ryan and Austin. We went to the beach for a couple hours and Austin and I did Ultimate Fighting in the water.

Tess cooked dinner and it was awesomely tasty. There was more drinking, and the fire pit and s'mores. Jessica was determined that we have no beer that had to be taken back home. So she tried to drink it all. I cut her off eventually. I also totally rocked the Pat Sajak "All Easy" crosswords puzzles. And Su Doku.

Sunday, Ryan and I volunteered to return the bottles to the Beer Store. It was kind of a long wait there, as Monday is a Civic Holiday*, and the Beer Store is closed. Having accomplished returning the bottles we set out to find a secluded dumpster in which to illegally dump the excess trash from the weekend. We found a trash can at the park and dumped and ran.

While we were gone, breakfast had been cooked and I had breakfast and lunch, lunch being a BST, a Bacon, Spinach and Tomato(e) sandwich.

I signed the guestbook and was berated for including the phrase "wherenot else" which I thought was perfectly suitable as a turn of phrase deriving from "whatnot else". A supposed English major disagreed.

The drive home was uneventful except for the aforementioned Beckie-mentioning of the wallet incident and the Austin-tiny-bladder incident. We also stopped at Steak and Shake for dinner, which was very tasty. I had a strawberry milkshake. When I got home I had to go to "Mike"'s to pick up Skippy, where I had left him for the weekend. I was pretty tired, but I managed to watch Feasting On Asphault with Alton Brown. It's a really good show.

I'm pretty tired at work today. I nearly considered calling in. But I still came to work. Sleepy. Apparently I did have some stuff to say about the cottage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i had something like a pint of urine to expel! and i'd already been holding it for an hour.

and all those people honking and giving me a thumbs up (not the other finger)-- i'm probably a new canadian national hero.

there'll be statues of me pissing all over the place.