Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Come On I Wanna Lei You!

It was a busy weekend. Friday was Jordan and Ellen's fundraising* Luau party**(*****)**********. Saturday was Rob and Emily's*** birthday party******(*********). Sunday, after going to dinner at my parents*******, Dan, Austin and I went to the WAB for drinks. Last night Dan and I met up with Jenn in Novi for Happy Sushi and Snakes on a Plane******** and drinks at Mixx.

*Jordan and Ellen are doing a Triathalon for Leukemia/Lymphoma.

**That party was so straight. Especially the hetero-man circle pictured here...


***Emily is Jordan's sister, and Rob is friends with Dan**** and also Dave and Lori and Gerry, and Jordan, and I'm not actually sure how they're all interconnected but somehow Austin's friend Betsy from Border's is now dating Matt who knows Dan**** and there's a lot of lingering man hugs.

****Dan being in this case, not Dan Mitchell, but a Dan that knows Austin's youngest sister.

*****This was the first of several things Hawaiian-related that happened this weekend.

******During the party Jenn called me to tell me she had booked her ticket for Hawaii.

*******While at my parents, my dad gave me a couple of his uncles phone numbers, those that live in Hawaii.

********The beginning of the movie starts in Hawaii. Jenn and I will have to watch out for M*therF*cking! Snakes! on our plane ride back.

*********I forgot to mention that I made a mistake driving there and ended up not staying on 275 but getting onto 96, but I realized my mistake soon enough and we enjoyed a scenic jaunt down Newburgh Rd. Except for that part where the bridge was out and we got detoured.

**********Thanks to Coronado for pointing out I had mis-asterisked one of my addendum.

1 comment:

Pointedly Anonymous said...

You're either missing an asterix or have one too many for the Luau Party two set. You have it as 2 and 4 or 2 and 6. I imagine that you wanted 2 and 5.