Friday, November 03, 2006

From Rags to... uh... Rags.

I officially hate my mortgage company's website.

They double drafted me for my mortgage payment. If not for the money Jenn payed me back, I'd have about $50 in my checking acount. Thankfully they're going to refund my extra payment.

Here's the full story. They switched their system recently and made everyone resignup for the internet account management.

Well, somehow in the midst of this, they lost track of my autopay for my mortgage. That's why right before I left for vacation I had to scramble around to make sure it got payed. I thought I had it all straightened out when I got back, but when I deposited a couple checks yesterday, I noticed that my balance was only a little more than the amount I had deposited. This disturbed me.

I logged into my bank statement and saw that there had been a second draft from my account by the mortgage company. Logged into mortgage website and saw the 2 payments. I sent them email through the website but noticed they said it would take 3-4 business days to respond. Bah.

I called customer service up this morning and they were sort of able to remedy everything. They are going to credit back the second payment to me, and reinstate my autopay service on my second loan.

I just have to be very careful this next billing cycle to make sure that they don't do this again. Bastards.

No comments: