Monday, September 26, 2005

Weekend of weariness

A bit of a recaplet of this weekend.

Friday after work I went to Big Buck with co-workers as someone else was leaving the company. As usual I drank maybe one too many, but when you are getting others to buy your beers, a free beer is a beer I'm going to drink. After that, Jim (another former co-worker) and I headed into Pontiac for some food. We went to a place called Jalapenos, and had some very tasty Mexican food. They had some very interesting dips for the chips there. The tamales were good, and everything else I had was good to. After that I just went home and watched TV, and fell asleep fairly early.

Saturday, after watching some more TV, I went to my parents house to help install the laminate floor they had gotten for the kitchen remodel. We got about halfway done and as my dad was getting tired, we stopped for the night.
I went home after that and tried calling people to see if they were going to Tiki, I didn't get any answers until later, but as I was heading in my house, my next door neighbor calls me over to tell me the neighbor across the street was having a party, and I was invited. I had seen a bunch of cars, so I figured something was going on. I showered and whatnot and then headed over to Karla's to party. I brought some beer from my fridge. There were a couple people watching the UofM game, so I caught the end of it. Pathetic. Bah.
After that I started to drink more heavily. In the backyard they had set up "the luge" which is a chunk of ice with grooves cut in it down which you pour liqour, cooling it on the way to your mouth. That was awesome. I chatted with lots of Karla's friends and co-workers and had a good time.
I think I left sometime just before 2 as I was tired and I had to help my dad with the rest of the floor in the morning.

Sunday, I went over to my parent's house and we finished the floor. We had to finish it because the new appliances were being delivered today, and then the counter people can come in and finish things up in there.
I watched the seaon premieres of Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy, although I was interrupted in the middle of Grey's Anatomy by a call from Dan in the City, but I didn't mind as we hadn't talked in a bit and as such were catching up on things.

So, that's about it for my weekend. Not that it matters. Cool.

-The Geek

P.S. I don't know why I've never been to a party where they have an ice luge... supposedly they're huge at colleges... must not have known the right people.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was this the pretty neighbor from across the street? The one in real estate or marketing or something? The one in the power suits?

Unknown said...

Yes, the pretty neighbor. I believe she sells advertising for a radio station. She's super nice.

The Judge said...

They had an ice luge at the Necto a few weeks ago. Perhaps there will be one again at Ryan's birthday.

Beckie

Pointedly Anonymous said...

Try doing the luge while getting paddled...like I did. That's tricky.