Monday, April 17, 2006

I Can Feel It

Weird weekend. I had Good Friday off, but on Thursday one of my co-workers collapsed at work and was taken to the hospital. They think it may have been a blood clot in his heart, but it is likely related to stress caused by his supervisor. He should be ok, but I haven't heard anything more about him.

Friday, since I was off (er... had a holiday), I went over to a guy from the Subaru forums house and helped him install some parts on his car. I took Skippy with me and another guy from the forums brought his dog. The dogs played. The weather was totally awesome.

I was supposed to pick Dan from the airport, but he missed his flight due to an incompetent cabbie. I ended up going to dinner with John at Memphis Smoke where we sat in the upstairs outside deck and had beers and food. I was not feeling so hot and didn't do anything else that night. Dan's rescheduled flight was supposed to arrive at 8am so I went to bed a bit early.

Saturday morning as I was getting ready to leave for the airport when I got a call from Dan. He had fallen asleep and missed his flight. He was able to get it rescheduled again for the afternoon. I picked him up and we went to late lunch at Lucy's in GP. Saturday was hanging out at Sarah and Jackie's. We watched Shaun of the Dead. Hilarious every time I see it. I was tired though, because of the early wakeup for the non-flight.

Sunday I drove down to my Grandma's house and had dinner there. Skippy tried to take off a couple times, so I had to run him down. He certainly enjoys making me chase him. Also, I think he's shedding his winter coat, leaving the interior of my car a hairy mess. I need a giant lint roller. There had been talk of doing something Sunday night, but everybody was tired and whatnot, as was I so I stayed in and only watched a little TV.

Today, after work, I went to get my oil changed. When I got home, Dan called, needing a ride to the airport. I took Dan to the airport. It was uneventful.

No comments: