Monday, April 24, 2006

Damn Skippy

*Started Monday night*

Skippy has continued his disobedient ways. I did find this which might help me. I had left him out this morning and got a call from my neighbor (she's now working nights) about him howling. He doesn't want to come when I call him. This may be partially my fault for making him come for unpleasant things.

*Thursday morning*

Well, I've been taking him out in the morning on the leash. He still isn't real good about listening, but I read that's not unusual for Beagles/Beagle mixes. I guess I have to continue to work with him to train him better. Work? Man, dogs. Darn cute log of a dog.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I feel your pain man. Pooter has been a spoiled child of divorce.

Grabs things off the counters. Howls. Demands food. Tells me he needs to pee at 3am and then gets in my spot. But I love the little nut job.

Great Site! Described Pooter perfectly!

Using such terms as "its coat is short, it sheds constantly and can leave a prodigious number of white hairs to cling to clothing, furniture, and carpets and to waft into food and drinks." and " may develop undesirable behavior patterns and become destructive."

Anonymous said...

Hey dude:

Beckie suggested that I schedule a play date with Scooter and Skippy. I think that would be most swell we can have it at my joint - take a break, beagle dad. This weekend is pretty good for me. No crazy activities - perhaps a sunday or sat. afternoon.

Oh, I used to leave Skipster outside for the summer, but then he howled until someone called the cops. Yeah, you gotta watch that.

To get Skip to listen use food. Or pretend you have food in your hand. If he won't come, take your fingers and hold them over your mouth, make munching sounds, and then hold them up pretending you have something. Skippy is not so bright so he won't catch on right away, but it's best to give him a treat as soon as possible after that kind of trickery. I often just call him over just to give him a morsel (low -calorie of course) so he associated coming over with some edible reward.

He loves to do the run thing. I used to take him to Cranbrook, and tie his leash around his collar and chase him with the leash attached. Make sure it's not in choke mode. but the leash is there so that you can grab it should he get too far ahead. it yanks him a little.

Arright, dog. I mean dog-daddy-o holler, or um, call if you wanna drop off the il bastardino this weekend for some Scooter humping.