Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Staccato like gunfire

Well, a couple quick things, while I still remember.

Friday night I went to see Slither with Jessica. While it wasn't a very scary movie, it was a lot of fun, and pretty funny.

Saturday, I took Skippy over to "Mike"'s for a playdate with Scooter. He had fun. "Mike" told me about a piece he was working on for a show at the Detroit Contemporary (or whatever it's called these days) which involved Dim Sum. It sounds very amusing. I also went to the mall to look into getting a new phone. The guys at the T-Mobile store gaped in awe at the "old-and-busted"-ness of my phone. I may get this phone. Or I could just get a RAZR. I don't know. After my adventures (not!) at the mall, I went to Best Buy with Austin. After that I had to pick up Skippy and feed him, but then went to dinner with Austin at the Thai Silver Bowl, which in accordance with my Asian Restaurant Law had dingy decor but very good food. Then we played Tekken 5 back at Austin's.

Sunday I had dinner with my parents and my sister at B-Dubs (Buffalo Wild Wings, for those not down with the lingo) out in Novi, being approximately the same distance for my parents as for my sister. Ummm... tasty wings.

Yesterday, I had to go down to Dearborn for training in some Ford related stuff. At least I got to expense lunch. Later, I met Austin at the Berkley Front where he was hanging out and celebrating with some people. His friends Jackie (Rachel's sister) and John had just graduated, so there were a bunch of people that came out. We watched the Wings lose and the Pistons win. Jackie also told us she saw Chris at the graduation, he was working for the U of M Dearborn bookstore again. She also referred to him as "creepy". The bar closed around midnight and Austin dropped me at home (I had walked there) and went off to meet up with all those people at another bar.

Today, I was supposed to have more training in Dearborn, but the instructor is ill, so I'm going next week. Tomorrow I have another training session, but only in the morning. It kind of sucks, because the classes start right at 8, and because of the construction on the Southfield, it's kind of slow to get there, which means I have to be up extra early.

I noticed birds flying into my chimney the other day. What has happened is that the cap on the chimney got partially blown off in all those wind storms we had a couple weeks ago, so now the birds can get in there and build a nest. Dammit. I have to get up on the ladder and try and fix the cap and keep the birds out. Otherwise, the basement will just fill with carbon monoxide. I'll have to call John to hold the ladder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you could put one of those fake owls on your roof so birds think there is a predator there. or maybe you could put a Predator action figure up there.