Monday, May 08, 2006

Of birds and bricks, ladders and licks

Ah the excitement.

Friday I went over to Sarah and Jackie's for Cinco de Drinko. I took Skippy with me, and he had fun playing with Louie and Duke, although I think he was a little tired of Louie trying to hump him by the end of the night. I didn't end up going to the bar to see that band with Jessica and Beckie.

Saturday was a long day. Skippy woke me when he wanted to go outside. I took him for a walk and then went over to a co-worker's to get some paver bricks to fill an area in my driveway. Then my parents stopped by on their way to a garden sale, and John came over to help me fix my chimney cap.

I had to climb up the ladder which freaked me out a little bit, but I flipped the cap back on top of the chimney, and didn't know that there was still a bird in the top of the chimney. Not so good. But there's no way I'm getting back up on that ladder. I think I'll have to call a chimney sweep or some such thing.

After that, John and I went to Home Despot and got some stuff he needed and some stuff I needed. I got new light fixtures for my garage, and for my side door light. I also got some of the parts for my cornhole boards.

Edit: Later on Saturday I met up with Tess at Grissoms over on the east side for Karaoke. I rocked Touch Me by The Doors. It was a birthday party for one of Tess's friends from Ren Faire. There was much mischief. ( I had meant to include this, but somehow forgot)

Sunday, after walking Skippy, I went out to Pine Knob (DTE Energy Center is for chumps) to watch the SCCA autocross event. Autocross is car racing against the clock around a course set up in a big parking lot. I know a bunch of guys from the Subaru club that were racing, so I hung out with them. I was on my way home to go to dinner at my parents when Beckie called to see if I wanted to do dinner.

So Austin, Beckie and I ended up going to dinner at Alex's of Berkley. After dinner we hung out at my place and watched The Forty-Year-Old Virgin with the commentary. It was hilarious as usual. "Be like David Caruso in Jade"

I guess that's about it. I guess this weekend will have Dan-related activities as he is to be back in town, judging from the email I just got.

1 comment:

The Judge said...

Nice Jew-fro.

Beckie