Monday, May 22, 2006

Howl at the Moon

Yep, it's another dog post. What has Skippy done now, you might ask. Well, he woke me up at 2 in the morning to go outside. He then decided to serenade the neighborhood. I yelled at him to stop and went outside to bring him in, but he, of course, ran away from me. As it was cold I gave up and went back inside. A little bit later, my neighbor knocked on my door to tell me to take the dog inside. I was very embarrassed and thankfully her visit distracted Skippy enough where I could grab him by the collar and get him inside.

I'm beginning to realize how lucky I was with Muffin, my first dog. There's definitely some relearning I need to do.

In non-dog related things, Happy Birthday to Beckie! Also a congratulations to her on getting a job also. We celebrated Beckie's birthday on Saturday night at her cousin Jennifer's house. We also learned that in the Battle of the Sexes, most men must be morons. Fortunately the men at the party were somewhat higher evolved.

Friday I went to Small's with Austin and Kevin, a former co-worker of Austin's. We saw a couple bands, The Recital, Zoos of Berlin and Canada. All pretty decent, Zoos of Berlin sort of reminded me of early Chicago, and Canada was very Decemberists-esque.

Saturday during the day I went to the Comic Con with Austin, Gerry and Jordan. It was nerd-tastical. I got a couple new Buffy figures and a comic book by Frank Cho (or Liberty Meadows). After the comic con we went back to Gerry's where Austin threw the Ultimate Warrior at Jordan's car and then locked his keys in the trunk. He had to borrow his parent's car to drive back to his place to get the spare key.

Yesterday I did some cleaning around the house in preparation for the party next weekend. I can't believe it's nearly Memorial Day weekend. The spring has kind of flown past. I mowed my lawn and cleaned up the basement somewhat. I still need to vacuum down there, but I picked up all the big stuff. I'm taking Friday off this week so I can do some other things around the house to get ready. Also need to shop for food. Sam's Club, here I come.


* Just ran the post through spell check. It wanted to replace Jennifer with either "conifer" or "sniper". Hee.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jennifer, the Pine-Scented Assassin.

The Judge said...

Thanks Mike.

Maybe Skippy needs to go to school.

Beckie

Anonymous said...

you forgot to mention that the opening scene of the comic is a zombie having "relations" with a cow.