Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Holiday! It could be so fine!

Well, I'm back to work after a short long weekend. Bummer.

I took Friday off, and made the cornhole platforms with help from John, and when to the Apple Buffet with Austin for dinner. Austin was disappointed that there were only 2 items with apples in them at the chinese buffet. Later we went to see Art School Confidential which was pretty good. We met up with Elizabeth and Andrew and (his wife and I can't remember her name) and after the movie we ended up at Gusoline Alley for a couple beers. When I got home, I had to do some prep work for the barbeque. I made the Baja Fresh-style salsa and the teriyaki marinade. It was pretty late by the time I was finished with everything.

Saturday was the barbeque. By all accounts, apparently everyone had a good time. Cornhole playing, beef on the barbeque, totally gay dog-on-dog action, beer and wine. The weather was nearly perfect. There were some drunken antics, but nothing that hasn't been seen before.

I still have a pretty decent cache of beer leftover, and some of the food. I guess I'll just live off it for a little while.

Sunday, Austin and I met Jordan to see X-Men: The Last Stand (no really, we mean it, unless it does well and then, well, just kidding!). It was pretty decent even though it seems like they do some things that would make it difficult to continue the series, although in the comic books, they revive characters all the time. Whoops! Was that a spoiler?

Didn't really do much else on Sunday, although we did go to Best Buy after the movie. I bought Me and My Katamari for the PSP. It's awesomely weird.

Monday I went to Pine Knob to watch the autocross event. I actually got to ride along on Brad's first run. It was pretty cool although I was holding onto the "oh-shit" handle the whole time. I just hung out there all day watching the cars race around. It was pretty freakin' hot though. The heat can be really tiring.

I watched some more Doctor Who finally. The werewolf episode was decent. The next episode should be interesting. I still have a lot of TV to catch up on, I think there's more than 5 episodes each of Supernatural, Invasion and Crossing Jordan. There's also a new season of My Fair Brady starting now, and Monk, The Closer and a new series Psyche coming in the summer.

I need a vacation from my weekend. Whew.

No comments: