Monday, March 14, 2005

4 (5?) Big Beers + Car Bomb + Red Head = Hangover

I awoke sometime Sunday morning, my arm achy in that fell-asleep-on-it kind of way, but that's because it had been hanging off the couch. I half didn't remember where I was, but slowly realized I was on Tess's couch. That was because there was no way I would have been able to drive home Saturday night. The title describes what I drank. I passed out on Tess's floor, but eventually was shepherded to the couch. I had a wicked headache in the morning.

Also, I saw Dear Frankie with Tess earlier on Saturday. It was really good, sweet without being schmaltzy. The kid actor was really good. Gerard Butler (who is the reason Tess wanted to see the movie) was also really good. The pacing of the movie was maybe a little slow in parts, but I think it was very deliberate. It was filmed in Scotland, once again reviving my want to go to Scotland. I had planned on making a trip there before Caitlin passed, but unfortunately that was not to be. It looked so beautiful there in the movie. I will go to Glasgow and Edinburgh eventually, but the exchange rate now is just not in our favor now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Much love for the Gerry!

Hope the hangover wasn't too foul and that Timmy was nice to you when you got up...

Tess

Unknown said...

Tim was nice, but my throat has been kind of swollen feeling from yesterday, so hopefully I didn't catch anything.