Monday, May 02, 2005

Meme: 4th and goal

Questions courtesy of Beckie

1. Are you and Jessica really going to get married at 30 if neither of you have yet?

Well, technically, I believe the deal was at age 31, on March 17th, 2007. That being said, because of Jessica's stated beliefs that marriage is "'til Death do us part" there would have to be emotional and psychological bonds to sustain the relationship beyond the physical connection and financial advantages. That's not to say that she's a choice of last resort, far from it, but I think there would be issues that would have to be worked out. Just like any other relationship. I've never been one who's casually dated, so I'd be looking for a relationship, and maybe by then I'll be ready for marriage. So, if it comes down to it, and we both feel it's the the right thing to do, sure.

2. When are you going to get a puppy?

I so want to get one, but I know that with as much time and attention as they need when little, I don't know that with my current work schedule, that I'd be able to get a puppy. Eventually. That's when. They're so cute!

3. If you let your hair grow for 1 year, how many zipcodes would it encompass?

I think the only time it had gotten that long, was when I was able to pull it back into a Belushi-style Samurai ponytail, and when dry, and tousled, my hair took up an approximate volume approaching that of a beach ball. So, only one zipcode, but that would be a pretty big zip. I think the problem is my hair just has not enough curl for white-boy 'fro and too much for the Fabio-locks.

4. Does it ever feel surreal to be a homeowner and car owner and job haver and all around responsible adult?

Well, yes. I sometimes sit back and wonder how I got to be an adult. Especially considering that most of my friends are still in a sort of college-mode still, it can be weird. I worry about mortgage interest rates, and what my credit score is and what home improvement will give me the best return on my money and yet, I think I am still very immature in other ways. It just snuck up on me, where it was better to buy a house than rent and to have a stable job, and just everything else that goes along with it.

5. If you could change one thing about your appearance, what would it be?

I would like to lose weight. I think that's the biggest thing, and probably the thing I have the most control over. Otherwise I'm pretty satisfied with my appearance. The only other thing is my psoriasis. It's annoying. But, really, if it were one thing, my weight.

MEME RULES
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

No comments: