Friday, April 22, 2005

Hello. My name is Arvin Clone.

Wow. There've been a lot of clone/lookalikes around recently. Last night Dan, Austin and I went to see Catalog Only at the Magic Stick (not the Magic Bag) and they were awesome as usual. Jordan was apparently rather ill, but still managed to rock out. The other bands sucked for the most part. Disappointingly, Catalog Only did not win. The band that ended up going on to the next round was this 311-clone that must have had their entire high school show up to represent them. Seriously, there were like a hundred 16 year-olds all going crazy for this band. I thought they were derivative. Jordan still holds out hope that they'll get one of the 4 runner up slots for the next round.

Oh. Back to clone/doppelgangers. I was all emo-ed up last night, sporting the "t-shirt over the button-down" look, and there was this guy at the show that came over to me that look quite a bit like me, especially in the wardrobe and asian departments. His name I believe was Victor. He was sort of the more asian/phillipino version of me. Odd. Also there was a girl there that looked like Beckie, but wasn't Beckie. She was smoking and drinking beer. But if you saw Alias, you know how the Sloane impersonator looked like Sloane, but not quite, that's how this girl was in relation to Beckie. Also odd. I didn't see anyone else that looked like anyone else we know though.

I am the Diet Coke of funny. Just one calorie. Not quite funny enough.

No comments: