Sunday, April 03, 2005

Viva el fin de semana

So, this weekend was pretty lo-key. Friday night I watched a couple movies. I watched Taxi which I borrowed from a co-worker. It was ok, decently funny. What I found was more interesting was the fact it was based on a movie written and directed by Luc Besson. Which ties into the other movie I watched, The Karate Kid, written by Robert Mark Kamen, who also wrote The Fifth Element also directed by Luc Besson. Weird.

Back to Karate Kid, it was a total flashback. It was always one of my favorite movies growing up. We had a tape with Karate Kid and Back to the Future on it and I think I watched both of those so many times. What was weird about KK, is that it didn't have the ending I remembered. On the tape we had, KK didn't end until the confrontation outside the tournament, and on the DVD it ended right after Daniel-san won the tournament. Notstalgia-tastic!

Also, daylight savings snuck up on me this year. I guess it does every year, but I still have clocks I have to reset, like the one in my car. Plus I have to buy gas tomorrow. That's gonna suck. Having a high performance car does have it's downside, being having to put in premium. I think I saw it was $2.49/gal now.

Oh, yeah. Saturday night. We went over to John and Julie's 'cause Dan was dogsitting. We watched The Animatrix and Napolean Dynamite on the projector. Awesome. The Animatrix had a couple of very cool segments. I really liked the haunted house one, and the history of the fall of humanity was pretty cool also.

Tonight I'm watching Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy. earlier I went to dinner with my parents. We went to Sila, an italian restaurant just down 12 Mile a couple blocks from me. It was really good. I had manicotti and my mom had this chicken and spinach lasagna that looked really good. She gave me the leftover piece, so, I'll get to try it. My dad had mostaccoli with sausage. That also looked good. It was pretty reasonabley priced too.

Sidenote. On Grey's Anatomy they had a Tegan and Sarah song.

Hm. Anything else. No? Ok, that is all.

-The Geek

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I noticed the Tegan and Sarah song (yay!) at the beginning, so I watched the rest of the show. It was my first time seeing it and I doubt I'll watch it anymore. I thought it was blah, and had waaay too many montages. 3 or 4 musical montages in less than an hour? WTF? It annoyed me.

Anonymous said...

Go from Luc Besson to Kevin Bacon. Go!

Unknown said...

Ok, Luc Besson to Bruce Willis (Fifth Elemen). Bruce Willis to Kevin Bacon (totally blanking, but I know they did something together. I'm gonna cheat now and go to the IMDb. Hmm, Kevin Bacon and Bruce Willis have never been in anything together. Er. I will keep working)

Unknown said...

Wow, Luc Besson has a Bacon Number of 2. Thru Paul Herman who looks like he's been in everything.