Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Dogs have two speeds...

Fast enough to pull the leash out of your hands and slow enough to trip over.

As much as I've been complaining, I really do like having Skip. I had just forgotten how much work dogs can be.

This morning, I let him out, and I wanted to leave, but he decided it was playtime and didn't want to come inside. Eventually I got him to come in. It was much the same story after work, when I was leaving to meet up with a Subaru club I go to on Tuesdays. I was just about ready to leave him outside, but he decided to come in on his own.

Once the weather gets a bit warmer, I guess I should be able to leave him outside all day, I'm just not sure if he'd try to escape the backyard.

For now, though, my neighbor has been nice enough to stop by once and a while during the days she has off to see how he's doing.

To keep him a bit occupied when I'm gone though, I got him a Kong and they had some kind of biscuits you can stuff inside it, and that was driving him nuts earlier, trying to get at the treat. Hee hee. Dogs are silly.

This has really turned into a dog blog of late, a d'blog if you will. Actually I won't, as that is ridiculous.


Random photo of Skippy lazing on my couch.

3 comments:

The Judge said...

If your fence goes into the ground, he shouldn't be able to get out. But he does like to be outside. Consider that he might try to dig.

Beckie

Anonymous said...

Beckie's right. Also keep in mind that he barks like a complete maniac sometimes. My neighbors called the police on Skippy once while I was out. I advise never to leave him outside in the evenings if you're going to the bar and staying out until 3 - oops, my bad...Daytime should be cool though.

Anonymous said...

Beckie's right. Also keep in mind that he barks like a complete maniac sometimes. My neighbors called the police on Skippy once while I was out. I advise never to leave him outside in the evenings if you're going to the bar and staying out until 3 - oops, my bad...Daytime should be cool though.