Sunday, February 13, 2005

Get your freak on...

So, I had a pretty interesting weekend. Jessica's party was fun, at least for those that were able to make it. I know I had fun, especially playing "throw the candy heart in Jessica's cleavage."

Saturday turned to be more interesting though. I didn't have anything planned for Saturday night, but I had to go to my parent's house to feed the dogs. While there, I called Tess to see what she was up to. She said she was going to the "Dirty Show," which was a display of erotic art and also there were some performances. I had heard about it and it sounded interesting so I met up with her for dinner and then Chris called and was wondering what was up, so he ended up coming along also.

We also had to pick up Tess's friend Kelly in Dearborn, so we didn't end up getting to the place where the show was until close to midnight. That was partially to do with our not knowing where it was and also geting lost in the maze of downtown Detroit. Well, when we got there the line was down the block. It was cold and we decided that instead of waiting in line to see a bunch of freaks in art, see the freaks in person at the City Club.

Chris and I had never been, so we thought what the hell, let's check it out. Now, Tess and Kelly had dressed for the Dirty Show, which is also appropriate attire for the City Club, whereas Chris was "College Boy" and I was "Early 90's Grunge," so I felt a little, um, over-dressed. Especially considering the numerous guys and girls without shirts. Chris thought that the City Club was very much his scene. I told him he should wear the black electrical tape over his nipple next time for his oufit. He said he would also wear a piece on his dick. I said that would be a tiny piece. Oh, snap! He said it would be bigger than mine. I had nothing to say about it. I had fun and danced a bit and had a lot of fun people-watching. We left City Club about 3.

After City Club we went to Lafayette Coney for some food and then once again drove wandering around downtown trying to find Campus Martius. We did find it eventually and saw the ice rink.

After that we had to drop Kelly off and back to Tess's and then to home. As each leg of this Journey (Don't Stop Believin') took about 30 minutes I didn't get home until 5 something. I was tired.

This explains why I didn't wake up until it was dark again. Yes, I slept in until 7 in the evening. Awesome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you ask them why I am on their mailing list? I would like to go sometime just to see it, but I don't think I would fit in at all. That makes me want to wear a sweatervest and houndstooth pants, just to be an even bigger freak.

Unknown said...

Actually I did ask them. They said they knew you were a freak-underneath, and that anything you wear or don't wear is perfectly acceptable. Just don't bring your cellphone. I don't know why, but you can't. Plus you probably dance better than many of the people we saw there. Pa-theh-tic! Whatever. I'm so bored and goth.