Thursday, February 24, 2005

This is why winter sucks

So, I'm in sort of a contemplative mood tonight as I watch Alias.

*Next morning*

Well, the whole writing a post thing last night became kind of a bust as television sucked me in, and then I had to help Austin get his cousin's table back to normal size.

So, anyway about the contemplativeness... I seems like this winter has been very depressing for most of my friends, and to a lesser extent me. I feel like I've been kind of being a hermit (hermitting?) and just staying at home. Maybe it's the weather, but I just haven't felt like leaving the house alot of nights and weekends. That and the weird weekend sleep patterns I've been in, I don't know, I usually am pretty, well if not cheery, at least not depressed or depressed-like, but lately, with the deaths and the cancer and the not having of sex, I am definately in a low spot. Not so obviously low as some other people I know can get, but for me, this is a general crapiness that's not normally present.

Partly I think some of can be attributed to the fact that, for the first time really ever, I'm living by myself. I don't know if I can say it's been a difficult adjustment, but there are times when I do wish that someone was around.

Hopefully with the warming weather sure to be on it's way, my heart and soul will warm too.

-The Hermit

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Living alone can be hard. I did not adjust well when I lived alone. (That's an understatement if there ever was one.) It'll get better.

In general, there has been more drama than usual. Maybe we are all like a Lifetime movie, as Ryan described his present situation.

Unknown said...

I'm allergic to Raffi, er... cats. Yeah, cats. That's the ticket.

Anonymous said...

At least February is almost over. February is the worst month ever. I hate it. It starts with a rodent telling you there's 6 more weeks of winter and it goes downhill from there....