Wednesday, February 16, 2005

My heart is a wheel, let me roll it to you

OK, this is not in anyway related to love, I just thought of that line, and decided to use it.

[RANT]
Why is it that the roads in Detroit suck so bad? In the last 2 days I thought I'd bent my rim twice on potholes. I think Detroit is the only place in the country where the traffic report specifically mentions potholes. The other day I even heard that there were cops dispatched to direct people around one. I remember hearing that there was a line of cars with blown-out tires past a particular one one time also. The roads seem a lot worse this year than I remember. All the freezing and thawing of this goofy-ass winter has just accelerated their deterioration. There's little stones and gravel and rocks and crap getting thrown by tires and potentially chipping windshields. On the radio this morning they said that four hundred-something million dollars was being given to Detroit by the state to repair roads, but that it was for only 30 miles of roadway. What?!?! That money is also for bridge repair, but come on, only 30 miles worth of road repair? No wonder everybody in this stupid city drives an SUV, otherwise they'd have more flats than a bicyclist in a broken glass factory. So, my advice is stay out of this city. Move somewhere warm. Move somewhere else, because Detroit is also supposedly one of the worst places to try to date in. Arghh. I think the pavement fairy is running late.
[/Rant]

-The Geek

1 comment:

Jessica B. said...

Yeah, the potholes are enraging. They make my blood boil from extreme anger and frustration. But thankfully, I haven't gotten a flat yet. I'd better go and make my nightly virgin sacrifice to keep it that way.