Saturday, October 08, 2005

It's my Birthday!

It's not that important a birthday. Or at least not psychologically, not like turning 30 will be next year. But that's a different thing altogether. For that I have actual plans. I think for the last couple years I've been talking about going to Hawaii for my 30th, so I guess I have to buckle down a little bit and save some money for the trip.

Of course yesterday, I went and bought myself a GameBoy Advance SP for my birthday. I have a GameBoy already, but it doesn't have the backlit screen, so it's hard to see. The new one is much better. I got this poker game a couple weeks ago for it and have been playing that alot. I also bought the new Franz Ferndinand and My Morning Jacket albums. I'm listening to them now. I like it/them.

Last night I also ended up going out with Austin for a beer and some food. I didn't really have any dinner at the normal time, and so after Austin got off work, I gave him a call because he mentioned he might be doing something after work. He wasn't but then suggested the Redcoat Tavern to get some food and a beer, because their kitchen is open until close. Awesome. Austin's friend Alex also came by and hung out. I had a good corned beef sandwich and Alex got this calamari dish which was good that I had a taste of. It was a good time, pretty low-key.

I guess that really all for now.

-The Geek

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, happy happy and such.
Sorry I missed the party - I still have a wicked fever and major chest cold.