Friday, October 07, 2005

Share my pain...

I watched Smallville last night. I'm not sure why I continue to torture myself with it. I think it was fine when Dan was around so we could bitch about it together, but now, I have no one to share the pain with. I'm not sure what's worst, the bad acting, the barely veiled homo-sexual tension between Lex and Clark, the continuing presense of Lois, the non-chemistry between Clark and Lana or just the lame-itude of the FotWs(Freak of the Week). It's torturous. I think the only reason I watch it now, is because of TWoP.

Moving on, I also watched Alias. That was at least good. Actually it was very good, even though they totally stole the plane boarding gag from some other movie (and I'm totally blanking on it, it's not Air Force One, but I'm not sure what it is, wait, looked it up, it's Executive Decision, just needed to remember that it had Steven Seagal in it). Other than that though I thought the rest was good. I totally thought that evil dude would totally say it was Sloane that giving orders, but he thought he'd be better off pulling a Daedelus.

One more thing, check this out Lost fans... The Hanso Foundation. Awesomeness.

-The Geek

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally forgot to add that the best line of Smallville was Chloe's to Clark, "I didn't realize super-whining was one of your powers." Best. Line. Ever.

Unknown said...

Super awesome link. The Dharma Initiative. I wonder if there is a Greg Initiative.

Also, that part of Alias totally annoyed me. Are stealth bombers even equipped with those things? It reminded me of that brain wave satellite during the season of Lauren.

I have given up on Smallville for now. Not time. Wish I could share the pain, but you are right -- there's always TWoP.

Jessica B. said...

I usually don't watch Smallville cause I watch the O.C. but it wasn't on the other night so I decided to watch Smallville. It was terrible! You are so right about the lack of chemistry between Clark and Lana. I was sitting there and thinking, "Wait...why are they together? They don't even seem into each other." I don't understand how Smallville gets to come back season after season but a truly magnificent show like Wonderfalls doesn't even get a full season. It makes my blood boil.