Monday, October 17, 2005

Season Premieres part 424334.... whatever

So, anyway, I ended up picking up another show to watch. Well, 2. Maybe more, I don't know. I've recorded several episodes of Surface, but have not had the chance to watch any of them. I decided to check it out based on the recommendation of a co-worker. Also, I've been watching Everybody Hates Chris because I have a free slot while The O.C. is off for baseball. I also have ended up watching Related on the WB because I am a 'ho for anything WB. In the midst of this, I also checked out Love, Inc. on UPN after Everybody Hates Chris, because Busy Phillips is on it, I shouldn't have bothered. To paraphrase the J. Geils Band, Love, Inc. Stinks!

UPN

Everybody Hates Chris
(Thurdsay at 8:00)

Everybody Hates Chris is the chronicle of Chris Rock's middle school days. Chris has been transferred to an all-White school, and is socially awkward besides the whole race issue. There's trouble with the school bully, mis-perceptions about his athletic abilities and lots of other things that keep him down. It's a really well done show, very funny, and the actor that plays Chris is excellent. Highly recommended.

A

WB

Related
(Wednesday at 9:00)

4 sisters living in New York. A lawyer, a therapist, an event planner and a student. A father about to remarry. One of them is pregnant, one is getting kicked out of her sublet, one has just broken up, and one has changed majors from pre-med to experimental theater. These are sisters with issues. It's ok, nothing ground breaking or original, family drama at it's normalest. Related is a step up from the schmaltyness of Seventh Heaven plus the actors and actresses can actually emote with some modicum of skill. I may get bored after a while, but it's a worthy diversion if you have nothing else to watch.

C+


P.S. In case you didn't know already, Just Legal and Head Cases were canceled. Ouch.

1 comment:

Jay Anderson said...

I think you should do this professionally. You're very good at this!