Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Make with the talking and such-like

Last night I got in touch with my fraternity brother Jared. I'd been meaning to catch up with him, but we kept missing each other on IM. The last time I'd talked to him, he was in NYC, and as Dan was on his way, I thought they could meet up.

It turns out he's back in L.A. and he seems happy. After IMing for a while, he suggested we just talk on the phone. I don't know why we didn't come to that conclusion earlier, but, I called and we talked for over an hour, maybe closer to 2, just catching up and giving updates on where people we knew were and what they were up to. He told a long involved story about Aaron Travis, and I told him the short story of the origins of Captain Sparkle.

He also suggested I come visit him in L.A. Now, I've been looking for an excuse to get out of town, so I'll have to figure out getting a flight out there and whatnot. I think flying Spirit Airlines is fairly cheap, and I'm probably going to go in the Oct-Nov time frame. I suppose I should also check in with K-Fish and Michelle too, although San Diego is a bit of a drive, so meeting somewhere halfway might be an idea.

Anyway, it was much like old times and really good talking with him. Oy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, can I go too? I have two friends in LA I'd want to see.

The Judge said...

Hey, you could visit Michelle.

Beckie

Pointedly Anonymous said...

Tell me to get me a job. ;-)