Thursday, July 07, 2005

Woo Lee Mammoth

I went with Austin to this restarant last night called Woo Lee Garden. I had passed by it a couple times and wondered what it was about, so we decided to give it a try.

I knew it was Korean/Japanese, but I didn't realize it was a Korean BBQ/Sushi buffet. It was really good.

They have these grills in the tables, and you cook the meat in front of you, and wrap it in lettuce. The sushi was also very good. I ate probably $20 worth of sushi. Then we hit the BBQ, there was bul-go-gi, kal-bi, and some other things I don't remember the names of.

After we had eaten quite a bit Austin and I began to wonder at the price, and realized it might be a bit pricey. It wasn't too bad, considering how much we ate. I think after tax and tip it was ~$27 apiece, which is more than what I would usually spend for dinner, is ok for a every-once-in-a-while meal. I thought it was worth it, especially for the experience.

Another thing, Austin told me that the dim-sum place, Shangri-La, has dim-sum until 2am at night. Wow! Dim-sum! Yeah! OK. Enough. Now, I really need lunch.

No comments: