Sunday, January 30, 2005

A2 is 2 Crazy 4 Words... Not

Friday night was pretty interesting.

A while back I had been contacted through Friendster by Ali Walsh, the sister of Caitlin, who I had been good friends with. Ali and I had talked on email about getting together to catch up, as I hadn't seen her in several years. Plans fell through for meeting up around Christmas time, but she was back in town at her parents this weekend so we were finally able to get together.
I met her in Ann Arbor, as her parents are in Dexter. Little did I know that there was some kind of concert at Hill Auditorium so the parking was freakin' insane, worse than normal. So it took me 15 minutes to find a parking spot finally going to the structure over the old National City, across from the Necto.
I met Ali at Expresso Royale, as Ali had recently quit her job at Starbucks, (or The Bux, as she called it) and vowed to never set foot in one again. We sat there and talked for I think about 3 hours, about her parents, and mine, and music and jobs and everything else. She seems like she's doing well, which is cool. We also discussed the "Hipster Handbook," the scarcity of vintage resale in Ann Arbor, where it would seemingly do well, and also a game her friend liked to play called, "Hipster or Hobo." I had a really good time catching up, and hopefully we'll be able to get together again to hang out.
Friendster is good for things.

No comments: