Sunday, January 09, 2005

How I Spent my Friday Night

Well, as I had royally screwed up my Windoze PC in a vain attempt to get it to work with the new PVR card I had bought, I found out that my motherboard's chipset was the source of my problems and so I bought a new motherboard and installed it on Friday after work. I started about 8:30, and I think I had it back together by about 10, but I was trying to be careful. After that I went through the torturous process of reinstalling XP. Then I had to download and install SP2. After that I installed the PVR cards and Sage TV, I got everything mostly working. Due to poor design of the motherboard though, I couldn't get certain things the way I wanted. Anyway, it's doing it's thing and I can record TV again. This did take until 5 the next morning though. I still have a few more things to install and a couple parts to get. At least I didn't miss the new season of MI-5.

No comments: