Friday, January 07, 2005

I *heart* Alias and The O.C.

Favorite line from The O.C. last night, "You smell like Marissa!" -Summer expressing surprise at Seth's drinking.

Favorite bit from Alias: when Marshall gets recruited to the new agency and sees Sloane and leans over to Sydney to ask her if she knows Sloane is there.

Mini-review of Alias

It just wouldn't be a season premiere of Alias without lingerie. Or at least so says the recaplet at TWOP according to Dan. I agree. Sydney looked hot, they dissed last season as "sucked" and generally did all the things that made the show good in season 1. Although the stealing of the sword kind of didn't make sense, but it did lead to some cool Kill Bill style swordplay. I'm bummed out that they ended up killing of Syd's mom though, and without her making a final appearance.

Grade: A-

And now The O.C.

I'm not going to grade the episode as a whole, as I think the bits should be graded individually.

Ickiness of Ryan/Lindsay romance-

Grade: C+

Seth Cohen trying to be a "Bad" boy-

Grade: F

Hilarity that ensued as a result of Seth's attempts at being "Bad"

Grade: A

Marissa trying to make everything about her and make us feel sorry for her-

Grade: D

Believability of Summer/Zack chemistry-

Grade: D-

Sandy's bagel "schmear aptitude"

Grade: A-

-The Geek

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved Sidney's blonde wig - that's the look I've been going for. Well, the hair at least.
I don't think I could manage the white nightie though.

Tess

Anonymous said...

TWOP didn't mention lingerie -- actually, I must open a new window now to doublecheck -- it was mentioned on the radio -- Deminski and Doyle show. You know it has to be the season premiere of Alias if Syd is in lingerie -- or some quote to that effect.

I feel bad that I felt sorry for Marissa at the end. She who has no one. Damn you, O.C.! But you didn't make me buy the Modest Mouse CD! Take that, O.C.! Suck it!

On a side note, do Seth and Zack have more chemistry than Summer and Zack?

I should start my own blog, then everyone could call me Bloggy McBlogovich, and I could ponder things in digital word form.

- Dan