Thursday, December 23, 2004

Worst Idea Ever.

So, I'm majorly bummed. Last night I went to Meijer (at 13 mile) with Chris, and we spent an inordinate amount of time there. Anyway the bummer part is, after we get out, it's snowing, and I decide, "Here's a nice big parking lot, devoid of solid objects to run into" after which I do a little vroom, vroom, and suddenly I'm going faster than I expected and there is a curb I'm rapidly approaching. I put on the brakes and while I did slow down some, I still hit the front passenger wheel hard into the curb. So, a cop, who apparently just hangs around the Meijer parking lot rolls over, rolls down his window, waits for me to roll down mine and says, "Nice job there, jackass." I guess I'm lucky I didn't get a ticket for reckless driving or something, but calling me a jackass? What an ass! We rolled the car back from the curb and found it was, in a word, fucked. Well after that I had to call roadside assistance for a tow, the insurance company, and then Austin so Chris could get a ride home. At least the towtruck guy was really nice. Also, big props to Austin for staying up half the night to drop off Chris and then pick me up at the dealership where the car was dropped off.

Now, I'm just waiting to hear from the insurance company, and I haven't been very impressed so far by the expediency with which they're handling my claim. Hopefully it will be fixed fairly quickly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This proves my theory -- don't drive recklessly with Chris in the car. Doesn't matter whether or not he is driving -- something bad will happen.

Nice job, jackass. : )

- Dan

Anonymous said...

Yeah - might be amongst the worst ideas ever.
Bummer dude - sorry your automobile is fahhhked.
Perhaps it is indeed French, after all..

Tess

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's crazy. I feel really sorry for you. And your pretty new car. I hope it is fixed quickly. Anyway try to have a merry x-mas anyway.